Monday, January 31, 2011

Working in Business

Years and years ago I went to accounting school and along the way I got a Master's in business. Well, not really an MBA but my real world experience is priceleess and goes well beyond what I learned in textbooks. My broad experience in Business came from working exclusively with small businesses who have limited resources and creativity is a must.

I've worked with an amazing variety of businesses over the years and learned something new by rolling up my sleeves and pitching to get the job done. I've never cared about my job description; I did what was necessary every day to help the company make money.

So I've written Employee Handbooks, developed streamlined systems for the Operations Department, and managed an office remodel...and help converge a plasma TV. I didn't realize at the time the amazing education I was getting...I simply did my job every day to the best of my ability with a willingness to be of service.

Whether you are a business owner or an employee with your eye on opening your own business some day, learn everything you can about the Business of Business.

No comments:

Post a Comment