Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lori Richardson of Score More Sales

In this interview Lori Richardson reveals what worked and what didn't when she launched almost 10 years ago.

What do you know now that you wish you would have know before you started?
I wish that I would have reached out to more people. I tried to do everything myself and I try to learn everything myself....it cost me a lot of time.  I wish I would have gotten good support on my branding.  I had the wrong name for my company and so I rebranded my company in 2005…I thought I was on the right track.  Always hire the pros. It’s funny because I thought I was on the right track.

Are you more of a collaborator or go it alone?
My whole tour this year is talking to business owners about the value of collaboration and the value of innovation. These two topics because so many us stay in your shell and we recreate the same problems in our businesses.

Do you have any mentors?
In every aspect of my business I have strategic partners or mentors. Businesses who are experts in their fields.  This is very valuable.

Favorite:
Movie: Miracle about Team USA beating Russia

Song : Anything with an upbeat…forward thinking.

Book:  Asset Based Thinking by Kathryn Cramer and Hank Wasiak.   It calls for small shifts toward what's working instead of moving away from what's not.  It's positive thinking about what you have instead of what you don't have.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment